Wednesday, August 28, 2013

My Steps to Clear Skin

Lifestyle review blog
I’ve been a patient at the dermatologist office since the age of 14. I’ve tried all sorts of medications and over the counter products, some worked but most didn’t. I’ve tried both Acne Free and Proactiv, but neither of these three-step systems did the job (I did, however, really like the Proactiv Revitalizing Toner). Both methods seemed to dry my face and it wasn’t healing. The three things that have worked for me: 1) birth control pills, 2) Murad, 3) diet and exercise.

murad acne Aside from the birth control pill, Murad is the only product that has kept my complexion clear. I discovered it through an infomercial (go figure) and decided to give another three-step system a try. I’ve been using Murad religiously for over three years now. I've had some hormonal acne breakouts, which is why I take the pill (well that, and my husband doesn't want kids yet), but overall I’ve been happy with the results. I mostly use the Clarifying Cleanser and the Skin Perfecting Lotion. Both are amazing, but the lotion was the best find for the long haul. It’s nearly impossible to find a good face lotion that isn’t too greasy or heavy, but this does the trick! I do use the Exfoliating Acne Treatment Gel from time to time, and it’s nice to have on hand. Another plus, Murad is available at Sephora, say goodbye to mail-order forever.

acne free clear skin


Obviously, diet and exercise are important for your health, but it can also play a huge role in skin quality. The best thing you can do for your diet is reduce your intake of sugar and cut out fat-ladened foods. I also noticed a BIG correlation with the quality of my skin and my workout schedule. My face seemed to clear more when I was regularly exercising, and I noticed a change for the worse when I stopped. If your complexion is acting up to the point where you MUST resort to medication, I recommend clindamycin pads or azalex cream. Those were my favorite prescriptions for combating acne.

No comments:

Post a Comment