Saturday, August 24, 2013

The Clarisonic Review


After close to a year of lusting, saving, and reviewing, I finally did it. I bought a Clarisonic from Macy’s. The reason for the purchase at the said retailer was because I had recently acquired a hefty gift card and thought I could use a Retail-Me-Not deal, but alas, that coupon didn’t work. I went for the purchase anyhow, all $150 worth (plus tax) for the Mia 2.
Clear skin

I brought it home and all Smeagol-like from the Lord of the Rings opened my precious. There are a few reasons why I opted for the Mia 2 version over the base model and the swanky high-end bells and whistles deal. (#1) The two-year warranty. Let’s be real – I’m investing in this gadget and I don’t want it to break on me! I could pay $25 less and be stuck with a dud, so I decided the extra investment was worth the guarantee. (#2) Two speeds. Two is better than one, right? I’m a girl who likes to have options. Plus, it’s a newer model. Usually companies listen to the reviews of the first generation buyers and make improvements. (#3) The Mia 2 was the version my friends raved about.

What I like: Travel case. Cleaner face. T-Timer. Smoother skin. Design. Color options. No cords.

What I don’t like: The price tag. Initial charging time of 24-hours, each consecutive charging time of 12-hours. Buying replacement brushes.

The Result: I like my Clarisonic. I don’t LOVE it. Granted, I have a fairly clear complexion already so I wasn’t looking to rid terrible acne. (I haven’t always been so fortunate – cystic acne is my nemesis. Birth control has worked wonders for my skin!) My skin did get a few small pimples after the first few uses but I almost saw this as a positive thing, since I figured my skin was purging junk that had been stuck under the surface. The “sonic technology?” Meh, I feel like that’s all hype. I don’t see that my pore size has been reduced. If it had, I would rave about this product from the mountain tops!

Overall, I have a peace of mind after I use the tool and know I’m going to bed with a clean face. I’m glad I have it. I know there are cheaper versions on the market and now I think I’d be willing to try those. Before, I was so caught up in the hype of the brand name I thought nothing would compare.

What do you think? Do you own a Clarisonic? Do you like or love it? Are you willing to try a generic brand?

1 comment:

  1. Stef was so excited about this Clarisonic. While she's happier and possibly has a brighter, more clear countenance, my pocketbook is lighter. My grade: C-

    - Scratch

    ReplyDelete