Wednesday, February 26, 2014

February Women's Birchbox Review

Heaven help me, this month's box was amazing. Have you jumped on the Birchbox train yet? I highly recommend it (for the ladies out there). Here's the scoop: a monthly subscription service that sends you samples of products for $10/month. Fill out your profile so they get an idea of what you like. Plus, earn points toward free products by referring friends and writing reviews. Easy, fun, and something to look forward to each month. Use this link to sign up.
Birchbox Monthly Review
1. Agave Healing Oil Treatment. This stuff is for your hair after you shower. The scent was nice, the texture was fine, but overall I'm not sold. I got about two uses out of the sample. I prefer Biosilk Silk Therapy. My advice: If your hair is dry or frizzy, try the Biosilk Silk Therapy. Not the shampoo and conditioner, those are overrated.

2. Benefit Cosmetics Fakeup. The packaging was darling, and it goes on super smooth. It threw me off a little when I opened the lid and it was a concealer stick with white stuff around it ... that's the moisturizer. And it does its job. The Fakeup is specifically for your eyes, but I think it's versatile to use elsewhere. My advice: Give it a try. You may love it, you may not.

3. Dr. Brandt Pores No More. I LOVE this stuff. My makeup seems to stay fresh all day, and it does minimize your pores. The texture is silky and applies super smooth. I have been using it after I moisturize, but before I use concealer. I know Benefit has a similar product called POREfessional which is also great. My advice: Try some sort of pore-minimizing product like this.

4. OPI Sheer Tints Top Coat. I'm a big fan of OPI, as testified in a previous post. The cute little bottle was a big plus for me this month and is easy to take along anywhere in case you have a spare moment to do your nails ... like at work. The sheer pink adds just enough color and gives my nails a little pick-me-up when I don't have time to do them full out. My advice: SOLD! Try to get a cute mini sample if you can.

Beauty Extra: Benefit Cosmetics Big Easy. I am really warming up to the Benefit line of cosmetics. Everything I've tried has been pretty great, including the "They're Real" mascara. The problem with this sample was that it's a one time use -- I can't try it out for a few days. This is comparable to a BB cream, but you don't need to use it in conjunction with the pore minimizer. It's one or the other. My advice: Try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment