Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Taco Soup

I'm a fan of soups in the winter months. And even in the summer, on occasion. This recipe is quite yumtastic and goes together pretty fast! Sometimes I'll improvise if I don't have all the ingredients, like this time I used frozen meatballs since I didn't have any ground beef on hand. It's OK to cheat the system once in a while. Since it's only me and the hubs I freeze half of the mix and save it for later. This dish also goes together well in a crock pot!

TACO SOUP
Recipe from my lovely sister, Susan Anderson

1 lb. ground beef
3 TBS (or to taste) homemade taco seasoning
1 c. water
1 can mild chili beans
1 can whole kernel corn, drained
1 can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1 can stewed tomatoes
1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies
1 envelope Ranch salad dressing mix

In large pan brown beef and drain. Add taco seasoning and mix well. Stir in remaining ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, or until heated through, stirring occasionally. 6-8 servings.

Serve with cheese, onions, and chips.

Taco Soup

No comments:

Post a Comment