Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Homemade Taco Seasoning

Review and Lifestyle blog
I was putting my favorite taco soup recipe together when I discovered I didn't have a key ingredient on hand: taco seasoning. A little Google search and voila! My life is changed. No more store bought taco seasoning packets for me! How long have I been wasting $1+ per seasoning packet while all the ingredients have been in my cupboards the whole time? I found this concoction on allrecipes.com.

taco seasoning ingredients

1 T. chili powder
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. paprika
1-1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. black pepper

Mix all ingredients together and store in an airtight container. It's pretty strong, so be sure to put it in a container that's not going to leak the scent. (Here's a recipe for Taco Soup you can use this recipe in).
taco seasoning

I didn't have onion powder on hand, so I added real onions to the recipes. And I used regular salt instead of sea salt. The mixture has an awesome flavor with a little bit of kick. This recipe was a great find!

No comments:

Post a Comment