Monday, May 19, 2014

Book Review: Bossypants

Bossypants has been a best-selling book and was highly suggested, so I picked up my Kindle to try it out. I didn't know much about Tina Fey before the book, I only know slightly more now, but enjoyed the easy read. She and I were meant to be brunette soul sisters. She's a wise-cracking, witty, tell-it-like-it-is kind of gal and I can appreciate that. She's just likable, gosh darn it.

There are so many good one-liners in her book, like "Gay people don't actually try to convert people. That's Jehovah's Witnesses you're thinking of." One chapter is devoted to her father and it's perfect. She quotes Colin Quinn after he meets Don Fey: "Your father doesn't f#$%*@# play games. You would never come home with a shamrock tattoo in that house." If you enjoy a nice chuckle every now and then she can deliver. I may even watch an episode of 30 Rock. Grade: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment