Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Picking the Right Women's Jeans

Ladies,

We need to have a heart-to-heart discussion about your derriere. I've seen too many women waltzing around with bedazzled butts and I can't keep quiet any longer. I'm not innocent myself, I was known to wear some obnoxious jeans in the past, but I've matured and am here to help you do the same. It's not so much about the brand of jean, but more the design on the back pockets, as well as the fit. Are you 25+? Here's an example of pockets you should stay very, very far away from:
The fit on these pants is actually quite nice, and the pocket placement is flattering. But the sparkles, thick threading, and cry for attention is something you should walk away from. Would Kate Middleton wear these jeans? Stay classy, not trashy. More often than not a plain pocket is preferred.

Picking out the right fit can be a challenge. The chart below shows the majority of options that are out there right now. I personally lean toward skinny, straight, and cropped fits for my body. I'm 5'4" and slender, so these work for me. The cropped pant could make me appear shorter than I already am, but paired with heels they'll be just fine. Always purchase denim with stretch. It does wonders for comfort.
Below is a list of brands I've owned and would recommend. They typically have fairly plain pockets and fit nicely. On the affordable end I buy Cello -- around $30, or even less at Ross Dress for Less (be careful, this brand may have hideous pockets, too. I have purchased plain skinnies). The others may be pricey, but you can find discounts at TJ Maxx, Nordstrom Rack, or outlet stores. A pair of nice jeans is worth the investment.

Banana Republic//Cello//Hudson//J Brand//J. Crew//Joe's//Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment