Friday, May 23, 2014

May Birchbox Review

Another month, another +Birchbox! This box was definitely summer themed. We're gearing up for 90 straight days of 100+ temps in Phoenix (heaven help us), so yes, I can use some sunscreen and lip balm. Thanks for helping a sista out BB.

ABOUT THE BOX: For those of you who haven't heard, Birchbox is a monthly subscription service that sends samples of products for $10/month ($20 for men). Fill out your profile so they get an idea of what you like, then patiently await your delivery. Earn points toward free products by referring friends and writing reviews. Easy, fun, and something to look forward to each month. Use this link to try it out.

Scratch N Stef

Caudalie, Overnight Detox Oil. I grew up in humidity and rarely used lotions, but now I live in the desert and my skin gets PARCHED. Really, it's dying of thirst. I have used oils before and they're a nice change from heavy lotions. This one has a scent to it which I wasn't a fan of, but overall I was pleased with the results. If you want to try an oil I suggest Josie Maran Light Argan Oil. A little goes a long way.

Pixi, Shea Butter Lip Balm. I have a thing for lip balm (see here). Pixi has fun packaging and is a nice moisturizing choice. It's tinted and the shade I was sent is quite vibrant, but still works. I have plenty of lip balms on hand and I'm not quite convinced yet this is better than those.

Supergoop!, Everyday SPF 30. This sample size is handy-- love that. I typically use SPF 15, so I wasn't crazy about 30 but occasionally it's needed. As far as the sunscreen itself it has a subtle tea tree oil scent and isn't moisturizing but applies smooth and light. Not bad.

Whish, Shave Crave Shaving Cream. I don't use shave cream, but maybe I should. I just see it as another bathroom accessory where soap will get the job done. The scent here is lovely, but I noticed a waxy feeling after shaving my legs and I felt like the cream was clogging my razor. Not sold.

Lifestyle Extra
SmartyPants, All-in-One Gummy Vitamins. I could do without these. Package directions say to eat 6 per day. No thanks, I'll just swallow my single multivitamin and call it good. The taste is nice but it's overpriced. Skip it.

Overall, great value for $10 and glad I got to try out some new stuff. Keep 'em coming, Birchbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment