Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Chipotle Veggie Tacos

Chipotle Veggie Tacos recipe
I struck gold when I created these Chipotle Veggie Tacos. They have the perfect amount of spice, taste fresh, and are so easy to throw together! The ingredient that makes the biggest difference in flavor is the Chipotle Cheddar Cheese- that stuff is divine. I found mine at +SproutsFarmersMarket with the specialty cheeses.

For the "meat" I use the Morning Star Spicy Black Bean veggie burgers. Let me tell you, I don't even miss traditional ground beef with taco seasoning. I slice a frozen patty in half, put it in the micro for 30 seconds, then break it up with my fork. It's the perfect portion! Alfalfa sprouts are a nice change from traditional lettuce, and it doesn't overtake the size of the tortilla that lettuce sometimes does. One note: don't use a traditional tortilla, you need the fresh ones that you cook on the stove. It really does great things for the overall quality and taste. Enjoy!

CHIPOTLE VEGGIE TACOS

INGREDIENTS:
Fresh Tortillas
Chipotle Cheddar Cheese
Veggie Burger patty
Tomato
Avocado
Green Pepper
Alfalfa Sprouts
Sour Cream
Frank's Red Hot Sauce

DIRECTIONS: Warm a skillet over low-medium heat while chopping the fresh veggies. Cook tortilla on both sides, then add cheese, veggie burger, and other toppings. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment