Saturday, November 2, 2013

October Birchbox Review

Scratch N StefI was very pleased with my first Birchbox! The packaging is simple, functional, and fun to open. I was surprised with the quality of what was included and the actual value which was in the little box that I paid only $10 for. I've tried all the items that were included and found some new favorites.
Birchbox review
1. dr. brandt- Microdermabrasion Skin Exfoliant. This was probably the most expensive sample, but it was my least favorite. I didn't notice much of a difference after using it on my face. Plus, it smells a little like lemon Pledge. I'm devoted to my St. Ives Apricot Scrub. My advice: Skip the dr. brandt.

Birchbox review2. Ruffian- Nail Lacquer. Color: Hedge Fund. I loved this great green shade with a little sparkle for fall. I used it in conjunction with my OPI Top Coat and it lasted for days! The brush is easy to hold onto with it's unique design. My advice: Paint those nails $.

Birchbox review3. SARAPOTEMPA- The Half-Up. After a little practice, I got my hair into this bendy little tool. I prefer the low bun look -- I'm not into the up-do or half up look it pictured on the packaging. I've already used this three times since I got my Birchbox last week. I'll probably be trying some of their other products. My advice: Try it ... if you have longer hair.

birchbox october4. theBalm- Stainiac. Color: Beauty Queen. I've used lip stain before and wasn't really sold, but this stuff is great! It's in a gel form, so it's easier to apply and didn't dry my lips like others I've tried. You can use it as a cheek stain, but I haven't been brave enough to try that yet. The color lasts most of the day and I really did like the bright hue. My advice: You NEED to try this one.

Birchbox Find: ChapStick- Hydration Lock. Flavor: Vanilla Creme. I was skeptical, but this chapstick is pretty great. I'm a bit of a lip balm connoisseur and this has been added to my list. Love it! Plus, low risk to try it out. My advice: Stocking stuffer!



No comments:

Post a Comment