Tuesday, September 10, 2013

BOOK REVIEW: The Skinny Rules

Scratch 'N' Stef
Bob Harper from The Biggest Loser has been my latest inspiration. Although, I've only watched his show a handful of times, his book really made an impression on me. On a recent trip to the Saguaro library, the yellow cover caught my eye. The Skinny Rules lays out a list of 20 rules for "getting thin." I was intrigued. I'm not overweight, but over the past few years I've been on a health-kick, and why not learn more? I still occasionally summon my inner fat kid and eat three Paradise Bakery cookies ... in one sitting. I'm a work in progress people. Don't judge.

the skinny rules by Bob Harper review
Each rule has a reason behind it, which Bob describes in great detail. Possibly my favorite part about this book -- Bob provides meal plans and recipes! I think this is the hardest part of eating healthy, but this makes it so much easier. Here are my favorite rules, and the ones that made the biggest impact:

RULE 1: Drink a large glass of water before every meal -- no excuses!
RULE 2: Don't drink your calories.
RULE 7: No carbs after lunch.
RULE 17: Eat your vegetables -- just do it!

You'll find a copy of the 20 rules posted on my fridge at home, and on the peg board in my office at work. I look at it every day. I'm not doing everything on the list yet, but I'm getting there. These rules, in combination with my workout schedule, have made a difference. I can feel it. I'm starting to see it little by little. Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment