Monday, September 23, 2013

Nail Polish with Staying Power

OPI nail polish
scratch and stef, scratch and sniffI really like the look of the gel and shellac manicures, but I hate the price and what it does to my nails when I take it off. I thought I'd give Nutra Nail Gel Perfect a try. It was a gooey mess! Don't waste your money. I even paired the gel portion with regular polish, still not great. I was on a hunt for long-lasting polish and I FOUND IT! I have been converted to OPI for life. Here's my routine:
nail polish that lasts
1. Remove any existing polish, file or clip nails, push back cuticles.
2. Wash your hands, focusing on your nails. It's important you have a clean surface to work on otherwise the polish won't last as long.
white nail polish
Skim Milk - 2 coats of Funny Bunny
3. Take a cotton ball and dip it in rubbing alcohol. Apply to each nail.
4. Next, apply the first layer of the OPI clear Top Coat.
5. Apply as many coats of polish as you need to get the desired shade (I'm using OPI Funny Bunny). I applied 4 coats. I didn't want skim milk nails, I needed 2%!
6. Last, apply another layer of the OPI Top coat. Be sure to brush the tip-ends of your nails with the top coat! This helps seal the ends so they a more chip-resistant.
nail polish that lasts
After 5 days-NO CHIPS!

This process lasted me 5 days with NO CHIPPING! I typed on my computer for 8 hours/day, worked out, showered, did dishes, made dinner -- I wasn't gentle on my finger nails. My iPod attacked me on Day 5 which brought this manicure to an end, otherwise I think it would have stayed for at least another day or two! I was WAY impressed. Bless you OPI, bless you.

UPDATE 10/7: If you sit in a hot tub the polish will loosen and start to separate from the nail. I'm not sure if it's the chlorine or the heat that affects it, but just a side note!


1 comment: