Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Cupcake Wrapper Keeper

I've mentioned before I have a thing for collecting jars. One of those wonderful glass cylinders came in handy this weekend. I found some cute cupcake wrapers at +Cost Plus World Market, (I also have a thing for that store ... like I probably single handedly keep them in business kind of thing), but the problem is the wrapers are stored in plastic so they are bound to get smushed in my baking pantry. A little crafting day unfolded.
I found the perfect size glass jar in my cabinet that I kept from a jar of green olives. After a few washes you can get rid of the stink. To get the sticky label off I soaked it in warm, soapy water then used one of those Pampered Chef scrapers to remove the sticker from the jar. It came off fairly easy with a little bit of elbow grease, but if you have an extra sticky label try some Goo Gone.


I like gold, but I didn't like the expiration date glaring at me so I painted the lid with some spray paint and it added a little color. I would suggest using primer first, without it it took a few extra coats to cover up the writing. I put my fun, new cupcake liners inside and it's just oh so cute! Add a bow and this would make a fun gift for a baking friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment